Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 1 July 4th a horse down

Day 1 July 4th

We had limited time because we wanted to attend the forth of July parade. We heard that someone was coming after us though so we didn't really need to feed all the horses just do what we could. It took us an hour to feed and water 10 horses.
     I wore an exercise shirt of mine with a wide neckline and really regretted it! While heaving straw over a tall fence it ahowered down on me filling in all the gaps between and around the inside of my shirt and underwear. It felt so awful I couldn't wait to get out of there and remove the scratchy grass.
    Eva was in her element. She talked To each horse so sweetly and patted their necks and rubbed their foreheads. She was so comfortable while I couldn't stop eyeing their giant feet afraid I would get a broken foot if one of them stepped on me. "And if they don't move when you try to feed them just shove them." The woman who owns it had told us. I think the horses could tell my whimpy shoves came with a dash of nervousness cause they never would move out of my way.
       We were told to let her know if a horse was ever down. I told eva to go check. She came back and said that one was laying down. A black and white female horse was laying down but head was up and she didn't look too bad. I thought I'd keep an eye on her. When we finished up I went back to check on her and she was completely on her side. The horses on either side of her had their heads over the fence looking down at her with worried whinnies. A large horse down the line made one large whinny and the black and white horse tried to get up. Her hind legs made it up but in the front she couldn't get off her knees. After a few more attempts she finally fell back on her side and landed hard into the fence. My texts messages were not getting through so I called the owner. Waking her up this 4th of July she said she would have someone come look at her.
 Abd then we were done. I never was so excited for a shower. I sneezed alfalfa boogers for hours after but to hear my daughter excitedly tell her family all about it I knew it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment